I’ve recently become obsessed with mushrooms. Even more recently, I’ve become obsessed with mushroom coffee.
Which is why I decided to compile this list of the 5 best mushroom coffee products in the UK.
Fungi (including mushrooms) have huge potential to help humans solve all sorts of problems – not least, health-related problems.
As well as being a great source of nutrition, certain edible mushrooms contain many beneficial compounds that have unique biological interactions. Famously, for example, the antibiotic penicillin is derived from the Penicillium fungi.
Mushroom coffee benefits
While the use of mushrooms has deep cultural roots, modern science is only beginning to explore and explain just how useful they can be for our health.
- Analysing data on diet and mental health collected from more than 24,000 American adults between 2005 and 2016, a study from November 2021 found that people who eat mushrooms have a lower chance of experiencing depression.
- According to a meta-analysis of 17 cancer studies, published in March 2021, mushroom consumption is associated with a lower risk of cancer.
- Another study from 2021 found that adults who ate mushrooms had a lower risk of premature death, regardless of their demographics, lifestyle choices and other dietary factors.
- Lion’s mane mushroom, in particular, has also been shown to increase the growth of brain cells, yet without psychedelic effects.
- Mushrooms like chaga, cordyceps and shiitake have also been shown to have beneficial effects on immunity, energy, mood and blood pressure.
Best Mushroom Coffees In The UK (2022)
The best mushroom coffee in the UK is this smooth and nutty blend from Mushies. It’s delicious, healthy and very stimulating thanks to the unique combination of energising and focus-enhancing shrooms and herbs.
What’s in it? Along with smooth arabica coffee, you’ll find three medicinal mushrooms – lion’s mane, cordyceps and chaga. On top of that, there’s geletanised red maca, L-theanine, resveratrol and bacopa monnieri.
Take it slowly, you really don’t need much – just one teaspoon mixed with hot water or milk is plenty for me. Add a bit of honey or dark chocolate for an extra sumptuous tasty coffee.
2. Mojo and Grind Mushrooms from London Nootropics – 10% off ‘highandpolite’
These funky mushroom coffees from London Nootropics offer barista-quality instant coffee alongside functional mushrooms and herbal cognition enhancers in stylish sachets.
‘Mojo’ features coffee, organic cordyceps mushroom extract, siberian ginseng and natural flavouring. ‘Grind’ meanwhile has coffee, organic lion’s mane mushroom extract, rhodiola rosea extract and natural flavouring.
10% off with code ‘highandpolite‘
3. Peruvian Mushrooms Coffee Bags from CafeShroom
A fine-tasting Peruvian coffee infused with a blend of chaga, lion’s mane and cordyceps… in a bag? That’s right, these Shroom Bags from CafeShroom are a sustainably-grown alternative to the French press.
With a balanced taste, Shroom Bags work just like a tea bag, you pop one into your mug and pour your hot water and there you have it, a beautifully delicious coffee infused with a healthy mushroom extract blend.
Get 10% off with code ‘HIGHANDPOLITE’
Made just Arabica coffee beans and lion’s mane mushroom, this Magic Ground Coffee from Vivo is great for promoting alertness, focus and all-round branin health.
The coffee beans are grown at high altitude in Ethiopia, before being roasted and ground in small batches in Bristol, UK. Every packet of Magic is also tested from mycotoxins before being sealed in compostable packaging.
Mushrooms, maca and coffee make for a tasty brew that boosts energy, productivity and focus.
This Shroom Coffee from SuperU blends premium instant Arabica coffee and maca with dual-extracted chaga, cordyceps and lion’s mane mushrooms.
🌿 Sign up below for UK Cannabis Weekly – where over 15K canna-curious readers enjoy a 5-minute weekly dose of the latest UK weed news, reviews and insider tips!